the Museum of the Caricature of Vianden,
Les Amis du Château de Vianden, Naturpark OUR
3rd INTERNATIONAL CONTEST OF CARICATURE AND CARTOON OF VIANDEN
under the auspices of Le Ministère de l’Egalité des Chances
1. Subject: Househusband (The houseman)
2. Deadline: 20th February 2010
3. Prizes: Adult category: 1st prize: 3000€+trophy 2nd prize: 2000€+trophy 3rd prize:1000 €+ trophy
Youth category: PrizeShopping Center Belle Etoile: 500€+trophy. It means a special prize for young people up to 20 years old living in the Grande Région including Wallonia, Rheinland-Pfalz, Saarland, Lorraine and Luxembourg.
4. Entries: - Initially each participant can send at most 3 works in digital form via Internet to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The author must indicate in his e-mail the following informations: his first name, last name, his complete address, his e-mail address, his phone number, his birth date, the category and the title or the number of each work. The characteristics of these electronic sendings are as follows: format JPEG, good quality and max. 500 KB per picture.
- Out of these e-mails the jury will make a selection of 90-120 drawings and will request from the authors of these works the sending by mail of the originals for the choice of the prizes and the publication in the catalogue. All these originals will be shown in the exhibition and in the catalogue. Their size will be min. DIN A4 (210x297mm) and max. DIN A3 (297x420mm), good quality paper, not folded and without a passe-partout. On the back side of every work must be clearly mentioned the first name, last name, complete address, e-mail address, phone number, birth date of the author, the category as well as the title or the number of the work. This deadline is 19th March 2010.
5. Technique: Free, black and white or in colour, without subtitles. Digitally created works are accepted. They must be signed by their creator on the back side and be numbered by 1/1. Photos and copies of original works will be eliminated.
6. Exhibition: The award ceremony of the adult category will be held on 7th May 2010 in the castle and the exhibition will take place in the Hall of the Knights of the Castle of Vianden from 8th May until 6th June 2010. It’s foreseen to show the works in other cities and in the Museum of Caricature and Cartoon of Vianden until 9th May 2011.
The award ceremony of youth category will be held during the itinerant exhibition at Shopping Center Belle Etoile in Bertrange from 16th to 25 September 2010.
7. Returns: After these exhibitions the originals will be returned to their authors except the works selected for one of the prizes. The awarded works will become property of the organizer.
The organizer cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of the return postage.
8. Catalogue: The authors whose works will be selected for the exhibition will receive a free catalogue by mail together with his work(s). Prize winners will get their catalogue during the award ceremony.
9. Results: The publication of the results will be done on the website www.caricature.eu after 8th May 2010. The award winners selected by the jury will be personally informed by e-mail or by phone.
The final decisions of the jury, which will meet on 20th March 2010, are incontestable.
10. Copyright: The selected participants allow the organizers to use their works only for promoting the author, as well as the event. All other copyright remains property of the author.
11. Generalities: The works should not have been awarded before.
By taking part to this contest the participants agree to the abovementioned rules.
12. Address to send the originals to: Musée de la Caricature et du Cartoon de Vianden
13. Further informations: Florin BALABAN Pol LEURS
Phone: +352 – 621 28 37 90 Phone: +352 – 78 83 18
|Home Exhibitions Services About Links Suport Press Contact Shop|
|2010 Rules FR EN D|
|MUSEUM OF CARICATURE AND CARTOON VIANDEN|